With a dry and refreshing wine style as the goal, the Rosés of France were our inspiration in 2018. After hand-sorting our Pinot Noir clusters, we gently whole-cluster pressed 70% of the fruit. The clusters in the press act as a natural filter and we ended up with gorgeous, clarified juice that we fermented in a stainless steel tank at 54F. The remaining 30% of the grapes were destemmed and soaked for 5 hours, gently extracting color from the skins of the grapes. The grapes were then pressed and fermented in stainless steel as well. We blended the two lots together and aged the lightly-hued wine in a mix of neutral oak barrels and stainless steel for 6 months. The wine was bottled under screwcap to retain freshness.
VINEYARD Jespersen Ranch
BLEND 100% Pinot Noir